As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Out and About in the Parks of Toronto

Can you see it?!  All the people and all the ponies!!!
Today there was a local celebration held in my community and it drew out so
many of the neighbours and their kids.
They had ponies to ride, lamas to pet, and even a live band!
I met this big beauty today, a 150lb girl who was as sweet as she was huge!!!
Notice that?!  Flipside Fitness, up and proud among the other flyers in the laundry mat.
My good buddy Captain Bowtie was super sweet in helping me hand out flyers today.
I must say this, Torontonians are soooooo much friendlier and respectable to those handing out flyers than Koreans in Korea, wow.  Even when we interrupted folks enjoying their picnic in the park, people were sweet in taking my flyer.  Leave it to Canadians to say thank you, nice.  I interrupt their moment, give them my flyer and then THEY say thank you.  I love this country!!!

No comments: