As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Random Birthday Wishing... Friday, July 29

I'm turning 36 on the 6th in the 6ix.... sweet.

My birthday wishlist:

1.  14oz Reyes boxing gloves
2.  Size 5.5 Adidas high top boxing boots, preferably black
3.  Size 5.5 Adidas high top kicks, no colour preference
4.  A chunky silver wrist watch
5.  A P.O. Box
6.  A gift card for No Frills

Snickers isn't into holidays so he's definitely not into giving gifts.  Consequently, every year I've bought my own Christmas present, my own Valentine's Day chocolates and my own birthday gift.  I've become used to it but this year I honestly can't afford to drop extra cash on a gift because I don't have extra cash.  I have minimum cash and it barely covers my necessities.  I've been saving my change for my birthday cake, that's my gift to myself this year -- a Reese Pieces Peanut Butter ice cream birthday cake from Dairy Queen.

No comments: