As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Work, Work, Work... Wednesday, July 20

Better than yesterday, ok, sure, but it's hard to compete with the super productive day I had yesterday.  I tried. 

Hosted my morning boot camp.  It's going well and I love it how those I train text message love/hate texts about getting in an intense workout and feeling the pain from it.  Their pain is my pleasure, always.  I feel like this is becoming somewhat of a motto for me with regards to my coaching. 

I contemplated taking tonight off of training, to finally give myself a rest day.

I did my laps in the pool, 40 laps, and then Captain Bowtie picked me up.  We were going to go celebrate Happy Ice Cream Wednesday.  I originally wanted to celebrate this every Wednesday and go to a different ice cream place each and every time but I do have my favourite ice cream hotspots.  Tonight we went with a classic favourite, Dairy Queen.  

Ended up going training after all.  Trained legs.

Increased my weight on almost all my exercises tonight so I was super excited about that which only fueled my eagerness to push myself harder and go longer with training.

An hour and a half and I was out.  Trained right up to System's closing time, 11pm.

My maxed out endorphines and pump that I sported from training meant I left the club feeling wide awake and awesome.  One problem though, it was after 11:30pm by the time I got home from System and most of my friends have regular jobs so I couldn't exactly call anyone up to hang out.  So I came home, emptied my gear out of my gym bag and then filled it up with my Flipside Fitness flyers for posting.  

Returned home at 1:40am after covering a massive chunk of Cabbagetown with my flyers.

Was up at 6am today for coaching, asleep by 2pm because of flyers.

Enter Rhianna's song "Work, Work, Work" playing here.  It's the song of my life these days.

No comments: