As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

At the Pool and On the Set

Two of my fab female friends from Cabbagetown here, I call them my Gangsta Girls.
I love their looks -- the short hair with the hat and bandana, and the colourful bikinis.
And of course you know Balboa, he's the love of my life these days.
Boy sleeps more than anyone I know.
Here he is.... sleeping again!  God bless his beautiful little heart though. I'll forever be so grateful to him for him leaving his life in Korea and traveling all this way so that I don't feel so alone here in Canada.
I have always loved Balboa but it wasn't until he came to Canada that my love for him really stretched beyond any kind of love I could have for a four-legged boy.
Here I am trying to wake him up to show him my dress for tonight's filming.  
He took a look and then went back to bed.  What a guy... hahahaha.
My dress for tonight's commercial filming.
They said to wear something that looked appropriate for a fun night out 
but also something that was business casual.
On set there was a makeup artist and in my excitement of having a pro do my makeup
I just had to get someone to snap a picture of it.
Some of the camera crew members on set, great guys.
Some of my fellow extras, acting silly and being sweet.
They stuck "us Asians" on the one side of the table and I had a good giggle about this.
There were three of us -- 1 Japanese, 1 Korean and me, the "honorary" Korean.
The shoot lasted three hours; it was super easy and a lot of fun.  
I think I was the only non-actor there though.

No comments: