As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Breakfast, Boys, a Bike, and the Beach

Started my day off on such an incredibly positive note -- a bike ride with an out-of-town special visitor, Foo Man Choo, who then took me to one of my favourite breakfast hotspots that's right across from a building I've labelled "my future club house".
In the afternoon I had another visitor, the Captain, and he joined me at the pool 
with my Cabbagetown crew while I did my laps.
Caught in the camera but dang those laps killed my legs so all I could do was 
hold up my kimchi fingers and give a peace sign.
I was revisited by Foo Man Choo today who then took me out for coffee and a spin around town in his convertible with the top down and beats pumped.
I've never been to this particular lakeside area but it was pretty sweet.
We walked up to a family having a campfire and chatted a bit with them.
Got to love Canadians for being so incredibly approachable and friendly.
And you got to just love Canada for being so pretty.
Tonight's lakeside was out in Mississauga, I'm not a fan of the Saug but I'm slowly becoming one.  Foo Man Choo lives in the Saug and he's trying to convert me. 

No comments: