As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy Building a Life

After a business meeting today with a photographer, we caught some live boxing action on the mall TV.  Mandy from Atlas boxing, out in Rio representing Canada and winning her bout on this beautiful Friday morning.  Awesome!!!
Headed back into Toronto for the CanFit Expo at the Toronto Convention Centre.
I was too late to step in line to meet this fabulous fitness guru but if you don't know who she is then you can stop reading my homepage right here!!!
It's Jillian Michaels!!!
Took my turn at the wheel of win and won a one year subscription to a fitness magazine, sweet.  Lots of free stuff given out today and a ton of info too, fabulous.
Showing off some of my flex power for the crowd... nice.
All the freebies I got... yes, Muscle Milk!!!
In a battle of the biceps, a friendly competition I sparked with one of the muscle men running a product booth, I won.  I out beat him in a push-up competition after he stopped at 50 to compliment me on how many push-ups I was pumping out.  I called the win there and then because he was now 1 push up behind me and had stopped for a questionable rest.  Dirty win?! Perhaps but it was a win.
After a day of running around and smoozing with some buff boys and babes at the Fitness Expo, it was off to weight training for me on this late night Friday night.
...and then this happened.
I was with Coach Madman when it happened -- the button of my FitBit popped off.
He scrambled to try to find it for me but I quickly stopped it.  
No more FitBit monitoring anymore... freedom is mine!!!

No comments: