As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Freedom is Mine... Saturday, August

Tonight called for a celebration.  I had landed a new coaching job this week -- a job that could possibly lead to so much more for me.  I start next week, training that is, so this weekend could quite possibly be my last free weekend.

No roommate around.
No roommate's house guests around.
No roommate's house guests with house guests around.
And nothing really to do but bask in the fact that freedom was mine this weekend. Nice.

The weekend was mine and the apartment was all mine too.  Double nice.

And what did I do, I went out tonight with a gal pal and then slept over at another gal pal's house.  I enjoyed the freedom of my weekend but not the freedom of my empty apartment. 

No comments: