As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 26, 2016

A Full Day of Training, Play and Studying

Perk of helping out at the pool was having the Pool Master buying me lunch.
He gave me his credit card and told me to go buy something.
I returned with premade salade mix and some random vegan meat.
Yup, vegan "meat".  Mixed it all together like it was some Korean bibimbap... delish.

After getting in my laps, I sat around the pool for the bit with my gal pals.
Random picture here that I just had to add -- a check for $4.50.
This came about after that whole laundry machine problem my building had last week and me kind of taking it upon myself to contact my building's office and then the actual company that deals with the machines.  A $4.50 thank you?!  I mean, what's this going to buy me in this country?! It gets me one free wash and dry in their machines, nice.
It's a Friday night and this is where I spent a chunk of it, researching business
at the Toronto Reference Library downtown.
I would have, could have and should have been deep into my studies if it weren't for some random pesky dude.  I swear I run into the strangest of strange at the library!

No comments: