As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Striving to Expand Myself... Wednesday, August 31

My biggest fear in life is not reaching my potential -- knowing I'm so beyond my current situation, knowing I can do so much more, but not knowing how to reach it. Canada seems like a sensory overload when it comes to the resources out there for me to reach my potential but I just don't know where to start.  I started a while back with jotting down my ideas and thoughts in a book.  It's a blue book that I carry around everywhere.  It's a book I'm constantly writing in.  

Lately I've been spending good chunks of my day at the Toronto Reference Library, researching this and that, anything and everything that has to do with launching a business.  I'm studying stuff like different business grants for new businesses and how to write a proper business proposal.  I'm also reading a lot of motivational books, empowering books written by other entrepreneurs who started off with nothing and made it big.  

Right now I'm a starving athlete, steeling the occasional apple from the local Food Basics because it saves my limited funds for other things I need to buy, like a TTC pass and eggs.  I can't steal eggs but apples, no problem.  I eat it right there in the store when I walk around and honestly no one says anything.  I know it's wrong but I'm going to milk the whole "starving athlete" card there and here.  Times are tough but I've got big ideas and big dreams.  I'll do the hard time and suck it up with not being able to splurge on anything beyond necessities because I know the struggle is a much needed part of the story.  I've struggled before, it's not a new thing to me, but this time I'm struggling on my own as I make my own path, my own thing here in Toronto.  

No comments: