As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Amusing but Good Advice... Saturday, September 10

Yesterday I was offered a particular coaching position from Clancy's Boxing and although I'm sure they thought I'd be thrilled, I was rather intimidated by the offer.  Every year Clancy's Boxing does a thing called Agency Wars.  It's a competition where they go and get a couple of dozen business men and business woman, put them through a few months of grueling training as if they were a boxer in a training camp preparing for a fight and then at the end they make them step into the ring for an actual fight.  It's as inspiring as it is entertaining, amusing and so very awesome.  Agency Wars is a massive event but now they've come up with Alumni Thunder, a continuation of Agency Wars in that it's for those who have already had a fight in Agency Wars.

On Friday I was asked by Mr. Michael Clancy of Clancy's Boxing if I wanted to be the coach for the blue team. 

I've been pondering the offer nonstop since it reached my ears.

I've approached a few friends about the job opportunity and they all had an earful to say on it.  I went out with my girl Polsak B tonight and we talked a lot about it.  The best advice though, both the most comical and most motivating, definitely came from two of my coaches.

Advice from my running coach, Coach Madman...
ME:  I don't know if I should do it, I mean, I've never done anything like this before.
HIM:  It's just like sex.  We don't have to talk about it, just do it... then we can talk.

Advice from my boxing coach, Coach Perez,...
ME:  Do you think I can do it?
HIM:  If someone asked you to do it then that means they already think you can do it.

No comments: