As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 09, 2016

Probably One of the Longest Days I've Had in a LOOOOONG Time

 
 Dress #1 of 2 today.  This dress was for an afternoon wedding I attended.
 A couple that I know at my church got married today so I was there to celebrate it.
Pics with the pretty ladies... too funny and too pretty.
I then had to race it home, quickly train, and then leave again.
I had received a very special ticket for tonight's live fights from a very important person.
Dress #2 of 2, with this dress being what I wore to the fights tonight.


 What's a night at the live fights without running into some of Toronto's boxing royalty 
-- friends who are fellow fighters. These were a few of the many, many familiar faces I ran into. 
But let me touch bases on some of them in this above picture...
This is Michael Clancy of Clancy's Boxing Academy, owner of the club that sponsors me.
I was asked to attend with him tonight and it was my pleasure.  He is an incredibly sweet man and he's super supportive as he is inspiring.  Am so proud to have such a person in my corner, really.  He's in his 60's and still fights, that's fabulous!!!
And you should know this fighter -- my Coach Perez.
I haven't seen him for awhile because of his own situation but it's all good.  
I just really missed him. 

Some of you may recognize these two faces -- my Mexican promoter and a Mexican fighter who fought on the same card as me when I fought in Mexico.  It was very cool to run into them tonight but on my side of the border. 
 The fights tonight took place as Masonic Temple, a beautiful old building here in downtown Toronto.  I had VIP seats downstairs but this was the viewpoint from those watching it up on the balcony.  I watched a few fights from this spot. 
Met this incredibly jacked beauty and, as it turns out, her sister owns Hufs Boxing and has approached me before about training at their club.  Tonight I received my second invite.
Ended the evening with running into this long-time-no-see face, a guy I went 
to high school with.  That was a very cool surprise. 

No comments: