As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Because it's Like That... Wednesday, September 7

You see sweat, I see...

...a girl who really doesn't care what you think because I'm too busy working on me.
...a girl who could make your workout look like her warm-up.
...a girl who feels the prettiest when she sweats.
...a girl who thinks training to be Wonder Woman sure beats training to look like Barbie.
...a girl who trains hard because she loves and respects her body, not because she hates it.
...a girl who is better than yesterday.
...a girl who has excuses like everyone else but has learnt to conquer them.
...a girl who knows health is wealth.
...a girl who is competition with nobody but herself.
...a girl who is high on life because of the endorphins from training.
...a girl who lives to challenge herself because what doesn't challenge you doesn't change you.

...an athlete, not a girl -- not someone who is defined by their gender.

No comments: