As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Out of the Hospital and Back to "Normal"

One last morning here and one last picture here, together.
 
Then it was back to "normal life" for me, well as normal as life is going to get for me.
My life really is so far from being the average person's normal.
 Returned to training tonight for day 1 of cutting and who should I run into but my running coach, Coach Madman.  Love this guy...despite his lectures about me not taking it easy and giving me a hard time about training with a broken toe.  Hey, I'm a boxer.  Getting injured comes with the territory.
As I was leaving the gym, I noticed the truck belong to my preacher buddy, a pastor who is as faithful to training hard as he is praising God's name in everything and anything he does.  So I left something on his window shield for him.
I often do this, leave a note for him to find because if there is any man God would listen to it'd be my buddy.  He has a story like non other yet he's such an encouraging man. I can't tell you how awesome he's been to me.  He's so real, so amazing, and every time I see him at the gym he always goes out of his way to ask me how I am and I've always been real and honest with him, honest to the point of breaking down in tears once.

No comments: