As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Being the Family my Family Needed

This is Sick Kids, as you see it from the fifth floor looking down.
I've only once been here before, back when I came to pick up one of my nephews because his brother was here for a check up, but today I raced here.

Today, my little nephew who not so long ago I had taken on his first subway ride and had introduced him to my coach at my old boxing club, was rushed here.
Today he was fighting for his life.
I had posted about him on Facebook and so many of my friends, family and fans had reached out to me so I got him to give them a thumbs up picture, to let them know he was okay.  It was such a close call though, wow.  Way too close for comfort!!!
I tried to cheer him up by telling him we'd have a sleepover party tonight but it was mainly for my own peace of mind.  I was so stressed.
Later in the afternoon I left the hosptial for a couple of hours.
My roommate was in Miami and Balboa was home alone.  I had to walk him but when I looked out my window I realized our pool party had started so I joined them for a bit.
It felt so good to see friends, like this pool staff cutie.  He's always so sweet to me.
And one of my poolside girls, love her.  I arrived and she instantly greeted me with a hug and said she was so worried for me.  She had seen my Facebook status update.
More of my poolside lovelies... these gals are awesome.
More fabulously fun friends and lots of food too... nice!!!
 
The hubby to one of my gal pal's had brought his supped up DJ stuff so the music was
pumping and many of the ladies broke out their dance moves.
But after the party it was back to the hospital for me.  Captain Bowtie was ultra sweet in picking me up and joining me for a bit there.  He's a pretty fabulous friend like that and that definitely helped to keep me positive and focused on keeping my sister-in-law sane.

No comments: