As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Finally Some Final Decisions... Friday, September 16

What was anticipated to be a short discussion and quick picking got stretched for hours.

Today I picked the fighters for my team, Team Blue, for Agency Wars Alumni Thunder.

My assistant, our team manager, picked me up from my apartment in Cabbagetown and then we headed off to Clancy's Boxing together.  So far so good with working with him.  We seem to be a good match and click well.  I can't quite master the poker face needed during our team pickings talk today with the opposing team but that's okay. 

We had met at 4pm for the meeting, we left at 5:30pm.  Text messages and phone calls regarding the pickings last long into the evening and into the late night.  Everything was finalized at 11:22pm.

I'm confident with who we've picked, with who we got, and with the team that finally evolved out of the messiness of it all.  Go Team Blue!

No comments: