As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Day to Remember... Sunday, October 23

I walked out of my apartment building tonight, took a right turn and then suddenly someone called out to me.  I stopped, hesitated, and then turned around.
 
And just like that everything changed.
 
Someone can come along and suddenly, upon meeting them, instantly what didn't make sense to you before now makes perfect sense.  I've always believed that we're the creators of our own destiny but that things happen for a reason.  People come along for a reason, a season or a lifetime, and paths get crossed when it's the right timing.  Timing is key and maybe you need these little life lessons to bring upon this right timing. 
 
Butter turned into Nut Butter; he was more nut than smooth like butter.  Plan B was never going to be a plan A because it was me who was the plan B in his life, ironically enough.  Foo Man Choo was a foo, as in a fool, for ever thinking we were a match beyond friends and my friends joked about the Nigerian Doctor being more in need of a doctor, for a little head check, than being on.

Tonight changed everything; he changed everything.  A day can change your life.

No comments: