As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

An Oversized Pepper and Some Loud Pants

 
 I'm the girl that pulls out a pepper and eats it, true.
Pull out a chocolate bar and no one bats an eyelash.
Pull out a pepper and everyone giggles and wants to snap your pic.
 And yes, I'm the girl who takes the train home late at night, covered in sweat.
It's called earning my shower... being gym nasty happy... also known as training hard.
On days when I need a little extra boost with my training, I wear my zebra pants.
They make me feel like I'm really a beast in training... hahaha.

Now sitting on a late night train after training and seeing a bag with Seoul written on it, not sure exactly on what that did to my post training, exercise high, but it left me feeling a bit on the silly side.  Signs of Korea here in Toronto hit me differently every time. 

No comments: