As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Power of the Metal... Thursday, October 13

Have you seen Beyonce's new music video for her song "Hold Up"?  Go watch it because that's exactly what I felt like walking downtown today.

I got asked to post up flyers downtown for the female-only gym I coach part time at. The weather was nice, I had a warm sweater on and I figured I'd rush it, get it done, and be back in no time.

But then they handed me a stapler.  

It wasn't just any stapler though.

Oh man, this was a one handed stapler that you basically punch the surface with and BAM a massive thick staple is shot out.  Man, oh man, I walked down the street swinging that bad boy once I figured out how to use it and how lethal it actually was.  I punched the hell out of those flyers posting them up and must admit it was as fun as it was stress-relieving and fierce.  

And ya, that was what I decided to write about for today's homepage entry.  I decided that was noteworthy because I was watched, I was cheered on, and I was even snapped in a few pics by those witnessing me doing this.  One guy noted I looked like the happiest flyer-posting person he's ever seen.  He snapped a picture of me and then asked if he could try it.  He agreed, that one handed stapler was definitely noteworthy.

No comments: