As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Bouncing Back from a Sad Moment Morning

 
Decided to treat myself to some professional lines at Onyx.
I've been getting my friends to clean up my shaved head but today I decided I deserved a treat and so I headed over to see the pro stars.
And who should I run into while waiting for my name to be called by the barber, one of my sweet friends -- the prettiest of pretty guys I know, Palmer.  Unlike most of my friends, he's only seen me dressed up because whenever we run into each other it's at Everleigh.  Today was the first time he's seen me in sweats.
New scratches... this my friends is how the professionals do it!!!
Now to teach my buddies so they can do this next time.
 On Wednesday I posted a picture on our Team Blue secret Facebook page.  It was our team manager pointing at the time because it was coming up to training time and none of our fighters had arrived yet.  Today they showed up super early and thought it cute to post a similar pic.  I showed up five minutes later and was so super shocked at just how early they had come.
You know you love coffee when even your fighters bring you coffee-related gifts.
Tonight one of the girls brought me a body scrub she had made for me.  It's made out of coffee.  I jokingly asked her if I could eat it, she said no, but I can almost promise you I'll take a lick of it in the shower when I'm using it.




No comments: