As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Cuddles, Hugs and an Overdose of Sweetness

 Today's mid day pause was thanks to Balboa.  Sometimes I feel like I'm go, go, go, but then I come home to my little four-legged man and am forced to take a pause.  I think all my coming and going exhausts him so he jumps on my lap, crashes, and I don't have the heart to wake him.  It's a much needed little pause in the craziness of my day though.
 Posted flyers around downtown today and laugh as you may but this one handed stapler is awesome.  Nothing like punching the hell out of a bulletin board with this stapler as I post my flyers.  
 I have no idea who this cute, jolly man is, seriously.
I walked into Dairy Queen tonight and he asked to take a picture with me so I told him I would but only if he allowed me to "woman-handle" him for my camera.  God bless Toronto, seriously.  I've never met so many friendly people in my life.  I don't know how anyone could ever feel sad in this city when you can simply walk into your local Diary Queen and hug the dude standing in front of you in line... hahaha.
 Dairy Queen salted caramel blizzard.. it's oozing with fabulousness!!!
 The Captain got a funnel cake.  I vouched only at Canada's Wonderland are funnel cakes to be ordered but he like it... and I liked helping him eat it a bit.
 I started my day with my little Balboa Button all curled up on me and that's exactly how I ended it.  Tonight he laid across my chest as I chatted the late night hours away.

No comments: