As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

No Games, Just Honesty... Saturday, October 1

"Benching is the new ghosting", one of my fighters told me yesterday.

To ghost someone means to stop contact completely, ignore them without explanation.
To bench someone means to put them on the sidelines until you need/want them.

So if benching is the new ghosting than what's it called when someone is just open and honest? I think it's called outdated or old fashioned.  A person who's not up to par with the modern head games played.  Someone who doesn't ghost, bench or want to "Netflix and chill"?  Does such a person dwell among us here in Toronto?!

I think maybe I met this person tonight.

I had a late evening coffee with him at a past favourite hotspot of mine and as I left my time with him I couldn't help but giggle at the innocence of it all, the lack of games played and the honesty that was shared over my coffee and his tea.  It was so refreshing.

I call him Butter, Butter Bae.

No comments: