As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Unexpected Relax Time... Wednesday, October 5


Today’s Schedule:
6:30am                 Wake up
8am                       Flipside Fitness boot camp in High Park
9:30am                 Conference business call
10am                     Training at System Fitness – legs!!!
1pm                       Studying at the Toronto Reference Library
2pm                       Work on Flipside Fitness company website and deal with business emails
3pm                       Errands – light groceries, Wind, Shopper’s Drugmart
4pm                       Coffee at the Captain’s office
6:45pm                 Head to Clancy’s Boxing for Team Blue Training
 
My evening plans for after coaching Team Blue had flopped so when I arrived home at 9pm I had absolutely nothing to do.  It was so weird.  “Just relax” my friend texted me, but do I know how to relax?!  I’m always working.  Even my new roommate, who has only been living with me for a week now, commented about me being home so early.  They usually go to bed before I come home from my day of coaching and training.  Tonight my plans after coaching at Clancy’s had been cancelled.  I had anticipated coming home close or after midnight but was instead home by 9pm.  I’m always on the go, or so my friends here in Canada always claim me to be, but in Korea this kind of go-go-go way of life is pretty much the norm. 
 
So there I was, 9pm and the rest of the evening free.  How did I “relax” you ask, I relaxed by typing up my observation notes I made during coaching Team Blue tonight.  I type up some notes, brainstormed some ideas for future training, and then finished worked on my Flipside Fitness bootcamp stuff.

No comments: