As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Asia February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, reality TV star, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company (Flipside Fitness), CEO of my own boxing club (Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing), and now I'm launching my 3rd business -- Empowered Clubhouse.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side. But then I left again. This time it was for the Philippines. That's where I'm at now, living in the land of the happy people.

The struggles are real and the struggles are many but I'm living life on my terms, I'm calling the shots, and I'm doing what I love.

Life is an amazing adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Unexpected Relax Time... Wednesday, October 5

Today’s Schedule:
6:30am                 Wake up
8am                       Flipside Fitness boot camp in High Park
9:30am                 Conference business call
10am                     Training at System Fitness – legs!!!
1pm                       Studying at the Toronto Reference Library
2pm                       Work on Flipside Fitness company website and deal with business emails
3pm                       Errands – light groceries, Wind, Shopper’s Drugmart
4pm                       Coffee at the Captain’s office
6:45pm                 Head to Clancy’s Boxing for Team Blue Training
My evening plans for after coaching Team Blue had flopped so when I arrived home at 9pm I had absolutely nothing to do.  It was so weird.  “Just relax” my friend texted me, but do I know how to relax?!  I’m always working.  Even my new roommate, who has only been living with me for a week now, commented about me being home so early.  They usually go to bed before I come home from my day of coaching and training.  Tonight my plans after coaching at Clancy’s had been cancelled.  I had anticipated coming home close or after midnight but was instead home by 9pm.  I’m always on the go, or so my friends here in Canada always claim me to be, but in Korea this kind of go-go-go way of life is pretty much the norm. 
So there I was, 9pm and the rest of the evening free.  How did I “relax” you ask, I relaxed by typing up my observation notes I made during coaching Team Blue tonight.  I type up some notes, brainstormed some ideas for future training, and then finished worked on my Flipside Fitness bootcamp stuff.

No comments: