As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Almost at the Finish Line... Saturday, November 26

Last day of sparring for Team Blue which meant from here on out not only will they be going light with their training (fight day is Wednesday) but it also meant from here on out I’ll have my Saturdays back. It’s going to be weird, seriously, to have my evenings and Saturdays back. No more rushing from coaching downtown to coaching out in the east end, at Clancy’s. 

No more lugging around my body weight worth of training gear and clothes.

No more packing a day’s worth of food and eating on the go.

No more super tight, no-room-for-error schedule.

I have mastered my schedule, fitting in a billion things to do with commuting to each. I had even scheduled my meals too. It all fit together super snug, like one massive game of Tetrus. There was no room for me to be off. No room for a late bus, for sleeping in, for needing to do an extra load of laundry, and definitely no room to just sit back and relax. It’s been go, go, go since I started Agency Wars Alumni Thunder which means not only for the last ten weeks of training my team but also for the two weeks leading up to picking my team I’ve had quite the tight schedule. But it all ends this Wednesday when they step into the ring. It’ll be a bitter sweet moment of pride and excitement but also sadness because it’ll all be over. Racing off to coach Team Blue has become such a big part of my schedule so to have it come to an end is going to be super strange. What am I going to do with my Saturday afternoons, for example?! Oh right, I’ll probably fill it up with my own training.

No comments: