As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Feeling Incredibly Grateful But Totally Full of Food

 As if the ladies at my gym aren't sweet enough, today one of them baked this amazingly delish Arabic dessert.  It had coconut and almonds in it and it we shared it with everyone at the gym.
 Visited the Captain today and he surprised me with a sweet tooth treat -- some popcorn he brought back from his business trip.  An early afternoon espresso and some popcorn, nice.
 On route to the library today, a Starbucks worker stopped to hand me some free samples.  I can't really stomach the sweetness of Starbucks mixed drinks and desserts nor do I care to take on the sugar and calorie overdose of them but this sample was perfect size.
As for the blizzard, well, it is Wednesday and on Wednesday I often indulge in a weekly cheat meal.
 Today there seemed to be an excess amount of food coming my way but don't worry, I worked it off with some late night boxing and weight training.  See these two awesome men, one is my pastor and the other is Skittles, they both made sure I trained hard tonight.  Worked off those devilish sweets tonight plus some, seriously!

No comments: