As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Needing an Energy Fix... Thursday, November 10

Today's Schedule:
8:30am                Phone meeting with supplier in Pakistan
9am                     Breakfast meeting with Body by Dex
10am                   Coffee with Skittles
12pm-8pm          Work at the women-only gym downtown
9:30pm-11pm     Boxing and weight training

After a long day of working, working it and working on it, I then had to go and workout. I was tired by the time I arrived at System for late night training but had downed a "5 hour shot" right before stepping into the gym. The other day I was as equally tired but Skittles had given me a drink similar to Red Bull. It was a pick-me-upper, an energizer, but to my virgin-to-energy-drink body it was like a kick to the head with an overdose of energy much bigger than myself. I was wired, absolutely and totally wired from it, but then I crashed on route home afterward.

I opted for the 5 hour shot today, an equally jolt of energy compared to the Red Bull wanna-be. A fellow boxer buddy of mine had ranted and raved about it in an email to me. He claimed it to be the "end all and do all of energy drinks". Honestly, I think it was more hype than anything but it did give me a good pick up so that I could get to the gym, pound out 12 rounds of boxing and then get in a solid workout on the weights.

No comments: