As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Going Strong and Only Getting Stronger... Monday, November 7

My Flipside Fitness boot camps still continue to run but many of those I train in High Park have asked for me to coach them one-to-one as oppose to training as a group.  I occasionally train a crew of 3-4 Korean girls. The one girl who initially contacted me to join my boot camp classes did so because she saw my advertising in the High Park area and recognized me from the Korean reality show I did.  She then told her friends about me and they've since hired me to come do private classes for their crew.  They're a bit of hit and miss with training but whenever I train them it's so much fun -- they let me yell at them in Korean and it's hilarious.

I've been picking up some new personal training clients for the female-only gym lately, that's very cool.  I trained a new potential client today downtown and am pretty sure she'll sign with my club and buy personal training boxing sessions with me.  Last week I got another new PT client and then today, as I was leaving the gym, I was handed the phone number of another possible client that had inquired at my gym about boxing lessons.  Turns out she's been training with a fellow female pro boxer than I'm familiar with, very cool, so I'm excited to meet and train with her.

I'm advertising myself as a licensed pro boxer and that's been doing me well in terms of getting clients but I really want to get set up with my personal training license.  The plan is to finalize plans for my personal training course so that I can take it this December and then do the testing for it in late January. 





No comments: