As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Sunday is Run Day

 On Sundays I do hill sprint training and as much as I love, love, LOVE the sight of Riverdale Park, I must admit that I grumble and complain about having to do sprints.  It being morning is irrelevant to my grumbling.  This is what Balboa thinks about my complaining.  He only lets me get away with it for as long as he can take a little bathroom break and then he kicks my butt into gear via running down the hill and making me chase after him.
Balboa has been tagging alongside me for the past few weeks worth of hill training and I must admit I really do appreciate his accompaniment and oh boy can this little four-legged boy run!!!  
 After downing a protein shake and sitting through church, it's super nice to meet up with the Captain for a beautiful Sunday brunch.  We just recently found a new Sunday brunch hotspot and have been feasting there. 

It's a cute little diner down by the beaches and I have no idea what it is they cook me up.  It reads that it's an omelette on the menu but it's nothing short of pure fabulocity and a whole whack of eggs mixed with an overdose of veggies and awesomeness.
And speaking of awesomeness, today I received a super sweet gift -- a water jug so big it's called a Mammoth Mug and some caramel macchiato protein shake mix.

No comments: