As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, November 25, 2016

I Should Have Known This was Bad... Friday, November 25

Note to self: never ever in a billion, trillion, zillion years is it ever a good idea to have a quad shot espresso, regardless of how much you ate, how tired you are or how addicted to coffee you may be. It's just NOT A GOOD IDEA, exclamation mark!!!
 
Today's schedule:
5am                     Wake up
6:10am12pm       Coaching at the female-only gym
1pm-2pm             PT boxing client
2pm                     Race off to Clancy's
3pm--10pm         Clancy's Boxing -- filming promo and coaching Team Blue
10:20pm              Late night dinner out
11:30pm              Arrive at home and continue Flipside Fitness PR work
 
I was up by 5am, out the door by about 5:45am and I didn't get home till after 11:30pm. Didn't go to bed till about 1am. It had been a 20 hour day -- a very long day -- so it was no surprise that I'd cash in another cup of coffee. What I didn't anticipate however was the havoc that one-too-many coffee would have on my body, yikes!!! "Have a quad shot espresso", the Starbucks dude told me when I sarcastically noted I needed jet fuel or something to launch me through the rest of my day. A quad shot, really?!?! That dude should be fired seriously becAuse anything I had eaten leading up to that quad shot and anything after just totally got pushed and flushed through my system. Skittles stepped up to be my hero today. I told I needed to eat something super heavy in carbs; my tummy was grumbling and groaning. He brought back pizza.

No comments: