As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Interesting but Weird... Thursday, November 3

It was an interesting day to say the least. A guy I once dated professed his love for me despite only have had dated me for no more than a few brief breaths. It was so brief in fact that I didn't even stick around long enough to learn his last name… so I Goggled him. Yup, my first Goggling of a dude. He won a Juno and performed on Electric Circus. I knew that, I got that in our brief breaths together, but I got to see it in front of me online. Anyways, his professed love came with a marriage proposal and free housing, as if the bribe would help convince me. And no sooner did I have to deal with that, or didn't deal with it but push it aside, but then I arrived at home to a gorgeous man waiting for me in my parking lot with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

“He” might be reading this, the “professed love” man. That’s fine.

“He” might be reading this too, the “gorgeous flower-giving” man. That’s super fine too. His name is Skittles.

Taste the rainbow, isn’t that what they say?!

I’m so scatterbrained writing this, I know. I’m well aware of it. My “interesting” day came loaded to the brim with interesting people and interesting situations.

I headed into training tonight at Systems anticipating running into another “interesting” person – the Golden Nugget. I haven’t seen him for a couple of weeks now and haven’t talked to him since he said I looked like a MILF and threw some additional inappropriate comments… jokes?!... my way. First of all, to be a MILF you have to have a kid, just saying. I responded with telling him to stay in school and was guilty of participating in the immature bickering back and forth of jokes-gone-too-far. I was texted today, just like I was last week, from a common friend of ours wanting to know if I was going to punch him the next time I see him. I thought it’d be funny to do the opposite – give him a massive hug. He was a no show at the gym tonight and rumor is he changed his training time because he knows he’s deserving of the crack to his nose I, as a mature woman, refuse to give him. “I’m professional”, I joked to my friend. “Forget being the mature one here, I don’t punch for free!”

No comments: