As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Interesting but Weird... Thursday, November 3

It was an interesting day to say the least. A guy I once dated professed his love for me despite only have had dated me for no more than a few brief breaths. It was so brief in fact that I didn't even stick around long enough to learn his last name… so I Goggled him. Yup, my first Goggling of a dude. He won a Juno and performed on Electric Circus. I knew that, I got that in our brief breaths together, but I got to see it in front of me online. Anyways, his professed love came with a marriage proposal and free housing, as if the bribe would help convince me. And no sooner did I have to deal with that, or didn't deal with it but push it aside, but then I arrived at home to a gorgeous man waiting for me in my parking lot with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

“He” might be reading this, the “professed love” man. That’s fine.

“He” might be reading this too, the “gorgeous flower-giving” man. That’s super fine too. His name is Skittles.

Taste the rainbow, isn’t that what they say?!

I’m so scatterbrained writing this, I know. I’m well aware of it. My “interesting” day came loaded to the brim with interesting people and interesting situations.

I headed into training tonight at Systems anticipating running into another “interesting” person – the Golden Nugget. I haven’t seen him for a couple of weeks now and haven’t talked to him since he said I looked like a MILF and threw some additional inappropriate comments… jokes?!... my way. First of all, to be a MILF you have to have a kid, just saying. I responded with telling him to stay in school and was guilty of participating in the immature bickering back and forth of jokes-gone-too-far. I was texted today, just like I was last week, from a common friend of ours wanting to know if I was going to punch him the next time I see him. I thought it’d be funny to do the opposite – give him a massive hug. He was a no show at the gym tonight and rumor is he changed his training time because he knows he’s deserving of the crack to his nose I, as a mature woman, refuse to give him. “I’m professional”, I joked to my friend. “Forget being the mature one here, I don’t punch for free!”

No comments: