As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, November 11, 2016

My Kind of Guy and My Kind of Club

One of the best things I've done since restarting my life in Canada was fighting to get this beautiful four-legged boy to Canada -- Balboa Button.  Say what you want, he's just a dog, but he's more than just a dog to me.  He's a piece of Korea to me and at times I feel like he's the only one who can relate to what I've been through in Korea and what I'm experiencing here now in Canada.  He knows what went down in Korea because he was physically there and now we're both new comers to this foreign land.
Balboa is very familiar with Hulk's, he lived there with me, and now he's getting more familiar with Clancy's.  With training Team Blue, I'm here four days a week here and have been for the past 7+ weeks.

No comments: