As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Weekends Are Still Training Days... Sunday, November 6

Today's Schedule:
 
8-9am                Hill sprint training
11am-1:30pm    Church
1:30-2:20pm      Lunch with the Captain
3-4:20pm           Personal training client downtown
5:30-7pm           Boxing and weight training

I'm not one to like training with a training partner but I must admit heading out to hill sprint training with Balboa was pretty awesome.  I'm kind of weird in the sense that I never wear my earphones or have my music playing when I take him out for a walk and I'm the same for when I bring him to training with me.  I guess I think it's kind of rude, in a sense.  I don't wear earphones and have music playing when I go for a walk with a friend and so I don't do it when I'm out with Balboa. I know, I know, Balboa is a dog but to me he's a little four-legged boy who just happens to be like a foot tall and he is my friend.  He's a pretty motivating friend too actually.  When I run up the hill he either chases after me or runs right behind me. 

None of my fighters from Team Blue came out for hill sprints today nor did any of my Flipside Fitness ladies.  It's a free and optional training session for both but because it's on an early Sunday morning I don't anticipate anyone regularly showing up.  None the less though, I've extended the offer to them all so that in itself holds me accountable for showing up because I never do know if anyone else will until I do. 

No one was out for hill sprints but Balboa and I today. 

I'm in the process of cutting weight for a possible photo shoot and to see how fast I can drop weight for my upcoming anticipated fight.  The goal is to drop 10lbs within the next couple of weeks.  Slaving away at hill sprints today definitely jump started that goal of mine.  I surely kicked my own butt this morning, it was great, and then I kicked it again with boxing and leg training at System.

No comments: