As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Work, Work, Work... Tuesday, November 8

Today's Schedule:
8am-9pm            Flipside Fitness boot camp in High Park
10am                   Business phone call with Korea
10:30am-11am   Studying at the Toronto Reference Library      
11:30am              Background police check phone call (for finalizing boxing coaching license)
12pm-8pm          Coaching at the women's only gym downtown
9pm-11pm          Boxing and weight training at System Fitness

I woke up at 6:30am and left my house today at 7:20am so that I could make it across town for my 8am boot camp in High Park. And in between leaving the house at 7:20am and arriving back home around 11:45pm, I had a whack of things to do, people to see, places to go.  Trying to find time to do my laundry these days... wow.  The struggle IS real! 

Entrepreneur: a person who works 24/7 to avoid a 40 hour work week.

There are entrepreneurs and there are wantapreneurs -- wanna be's who, for whatever reason, aren't actually entrepreneurs. Some of them aren't entrepreneurs because they don't sport the dedication, passion and drive. Others don't nurse their own ideas and individuality, and then there are those who simply just don't have the guts to take the leap of faith and fly on their own. 

I calculated my weekly "work" hours today...
36hrs        Women-only gym
5hrs           Flipside Fitness
5hrs           Coaching Team Blue
5hrs           Library time
16hrs         Training (boxing/ weight training/ running)
TOTAL:    67 hours 
I am an entrepreneur. 

No comments: