As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Super Duper Happy New Year

 Last chance workout for 2016... and apparently not a lot of people came out.
After pumping the iron, I took me last flex shot for the year.
Ditched the sweats and slipped into a sweet dress.
Then joined my two dates for a beautiful night out.
And just in case you didn't catch just how posh my dates and I looked, here's a 
close-up picture of us... daaaaang.  I'd argue that I was the envy of every woman there, 
with two gorgeous guys on each of my arms, but I think it's a given that I was.
The ROM was decked out and so were all its' guests.
The dance floor was decked out too and I looooooved the DJ booth they had, very cool.
And of course, food is always a must where I go and tonight the ROM did not disappoint me.  They had wait staff circling the dance floor areas with plates of food and then this massive table with platters of food for us all to indulge in.
 The food was what first captured attention but it was the singers and band on stage that really stole the show for me.  They played a collage of songs that were both old school and modern day. 
 I thought she looked like Adele and boy could this lady sing.
 Got to send shout outs and love to the band too!!!
 The mixture of everything made for an amazing night. 
 But I know it wouldn't have been as awesome of a night if it weren't for the fact that I had been accompanied by these two marvelous men.  It was great to end 2016 with them and it was pretty amazing to ring in 2017 with them too.

No comments: