As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, December 19, 2016

Adding Another Name... Monday, December 19

Today's Schedule:
8am       Personal training session with Client #1
10am      Personal training session with Client #2
11am      Personal training session with Client #3
1pm       Balboa returns home 
3pm       Planning stuff for my Flipside Fitness PT clients
5pm       Work on business proposal
8pm       Shopping for Christmas gift stuff
9pm       Boxing and weight training 
11pm      Grocery shopping for Christmas baking needs
11:30pm  Christmas baking

I baked a whack of cookies tonight for various boxing clubs and friends for a Christmas gift and I had the brilliant idea to start after training and continue till I was finished.  Training ended at 11pm and it wasn't until about midnight that I started my baking.  I baked well over 120 cookies, ate a few... I'll admit it.  Ok, so maybe it was more like half a dozen, some of which weren't even baked yet.

There, now that I let it drop that I cheated on my keto, let me distract you from my bad with some good... some great... news.

I picked up a new personal training client just recently and today was her first session.  I offered her today's session for free because it was her first session with me.  I had told her beforehand it'd be a little teaser for the training I offer my clients and that she could then decide from it whether or not she wanted to invest and hire me.

Ten minutes after I had wrapped her hands with the hand wraps and had started putting her through a boxing workout, she blurted out "I'm hooked; I love this".  And just like that she signed up for one of my training programs.

Another female about to get fiercer with Flipside Fitness, sweet.

No comments: