As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, December 05, 2016

And Then There was Just One... Monday, December 5

Today's Schedule:
5am                 wake up
6:10am-12pm     coaching at the female-only gym downtown
12-1pm             personal training client session
1:30pm             meeting at local phone company
7:30pm             quick meeting at Clancy's Boxing
8:30pm             drop by FY Ink to confirm Wednesday's session
9:30-11pm         boxing and weight training at System Fitness
11:30pm            arrive at home and work on Flipside Fitness stuff

It is official, I laid to rest my Blackberry Curve and all it's fabulous ghettoness to rest.  I am now the barrier of only ONE cellphone; no more double-fisting.  No more one cellphone for Korea and one for Canada.  Now I just use one -- my iphone 6.  I'm not a fan of the iPhone or anything Apple for that matter.  I don't even like apples anymore actually.  But the iPhone was a generous gift and if it can do all I need a phone to do as oppose to juggling the two, then, well it was a practical switch over.  Having said that though, not all my contacts from my Blackberry got properly saved and switched over to my iPhone so for the next little while I will have to depend on my Blackberry.  

Goodbye Blackberry Curve.  I loved you so much.  This isn't a goodbye, it's a see-you-later.  I will promise to pull you out every one in awhile, charge you up, and slip you into my purse for a night out on the town.  You always get rave reviews.  Old school is the good school.  Thanks for being one tough cookie of a phone.  I've dropped you numerous times but you're indestructible, unlike the new school cells.

No comments: