As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas in the Air

Home delivery coffee from a close friend, sweet.
Giving him a box of specially baked, extra-love-added cookies (read: getting rid of the temptation), so sweet.
In the evening, I finally got to experience Toronto's Christmas Market.
It was the last night of the market and I was there.... oh I was totally there!!!
 Of course the majestic Christmas tree is always the highlight of the market but I loved all the white Christmas lights and the small side booths selling everything "Christmasy" from scarves and mittens to last minute stocking stuffers.  My favourite were the warm pecan nuts... holy delish!!!
The market was held in the historic Distillery District and the place was absolutely gorgeous.
And of course Santa was there too!!!
I don't think I ever did believe in Santa when I was younger but now that I'm older I think he's pretty awesome.  I believe in what he stands for -- Christmas spirit and the "magic" of Christmas. Christmas is a hard holiday for many and I'm no exception to that but seeing Santa and all the kids waiting in line to see him helped lift my spirits.  The Christmas Market was beautiful and it acted as a reminder to make the most of the holiday.  Things could be better but they could always be worse and we all have so much to be grateful for.

No comments: