As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Digesting It All... Wednesday, December 14

As soon as my eyes opened and the morning sun hit them so did the realization that I didn't have work to get up for.  I don't have any work to get up to because I don't work anymore at the female-only gym.  I didn't have anything to get up for actually, well, only training but that wouldn't be till later this evening.

I did absolutely nothing today except for pondering everything.

I'm holding my breath for Mexico but my timeline is super tight.

If all goes as planned, I'll be leaving for Mexico in roughly four weeks but one of those weeks I'll be in Florida for my Christmas vacation so really that leaves me with three weeks.

Three weeks to get in all my training sessions with my Flipside Fitness gals.
Three weeks to arrange for living arrangements or travel plans for Balboa.
Three weeks to pack up my apartment and sell or store my furniture and clothing.
Three weeks to break the news to my family that I won't be back till maybe April.
Three weeks to inform and smooth things over with my sponsors.
Three weeks to get my Korean boxing license renewed, issued and sent to me.
Three weeks to say goodbye to my friends here for a few months.
Three weeks to get my business proposal ready for my Second Dream.

I seriously thought about calling off my Florida vacation but it's a family vacation and I know I should already feel super grateful and flattered that I've even been invited and treated to.  And I am.  I am grateful and I am flattered but I also have great anxiety over having to jump back into summer clothing which I have none of so that means I have to go shopping, which I already hate so much.  More importantly though, it means a full week I'll be away from running Flipside Fitness and all the personal training and boot camps associated with that.  It'll also be a week away from cutting weight and training hard.  I just got into the grove of things and then I took a big blow to my schedule by leaving my job, now I'll be having another blow to my schedule with this trip.  It's a bit of sensory overload and it's making my timeline super tight with what I have to accomplish.

Do you realize that once I go to Mexico, I might not be back in Canada until April?!

Ya, I realize it.  I realized it today, hence the glazed over look I sported all day as I laid in bed pondering just how I'm going to jam-pack all I have to do in the limited and short timeline I have to jam it all in.

I thought not having a regular job would free things up but it only brought on more work for me via clients that want to up their training.  How ironic.  Again, I remind myself here that I should be blessed and not complaining.

No comments: