As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Fighting the Carbs, the Four-Legged Cuties and the Christmas Spirit

I have a confession to make; I cheated.
I ate carbs.  I ate a gingerbread cookie.  I tried to tell myself that it didn't have carbs because it was a little man I was eating and that this little man was made of Christmas cheer but who was I fooling?!  First of all, that'd make me a barbaric woman and it was one massive hand-held heaping of carbs that I ate.
...and, lastly, I don't regret it.
I joked and said that "he", the gingerbread man, forced me to eat him but trust me, there was absolutely NO hesitation on my part when the Captain opened his office door and then said "have one" when I instantly spotted a box of gingerbread men.
I only ate one though... I did refrain from going overboard.  Non the less, sorry my keto peeps, I ate carbs today (and they tasted FABULOUS, but you didn't hear me say that).
Received a Christmas card from the manager of Clancy's Boxing.
I love Clancy's and I love it when people call me coach.  
I'm really lovin' that label I've earned.
And speaking of labels earned, today at the Eaton Centre I ran into a pack of soon-to-be guide dogs.  They were super adorable and everyone standing around knew not to pet them but ohhhhh was it so incredibly tempting!!!
Not too sure how I managed to not pet this handsome little four-legged cutie 
but couldn't hold my hand back from grabbing that gingerbread man.
Tonight Balboa went on a little overnight vacay with his Uncle W -- the Captain.
Balboa is going to a party tomorrow with the Captain, he goes to work with Skittles 
and my gal pal whom I had coffee with yesterday insisted I let her have 
Balboa when I go overseas next year for my boxing.
Balboa is a popular boy.  
He's a little boy but he's definitely popular and surely loved.
Attending my church's Christmas performance tonight.
My church is beautiful but what makes it so beautiful are the people that run it and the people that fill it.  I can never leave this place without several people hugging me but tonight was the first time I left it sad.  
I'm never sad when I leave.

Tonight I tried to think back on the last time I attended a church Christmas production with someone else, someone significant to me, like a loved one.  I think the last time was the second or third year I was with Snickers, that's some 6-7 years ago now.

This will be the last Christmas church concert attend by myself or I'll be a no show.

No comments: