As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

From Troll to a Trip Down Memory

When you only have half a head of hair but still manage to wake up with embarrassingly crazy wild hair.  I was told I reminded someone of a troll, nice.
 
I had to get my wild mane tended to, it's been way too long, so I did the trek 
out to my girl out in Whitby and got my hair done.
Sat around while the magic on my head did it's thing.
Viola.... I'm socially presentable again.  
No more wild child hair with split ends and roots that 
stretch for miles in what limited hair I have.
Can't head to my hometown with out stopping in to see my Papa Bere 
and to cash in on some authentic and original big Bere hugs!!! 
Balboa ended up coming out to Whitby, to make a 
special appearance and for some Bere hugs.
Balboa was accompanied to Whitby by Skittles who also got a Bere hug 
and then he joined us for a dinner at the Polish Paradise.
I knew I'd be late for training tonight when Papa Bere mentioned apple pie and then I knew training would be a total no go when he asked me to prepare it for us all. But it was finding this necklace that sealed the deal with calling off tonight's training -- a necklace I had given my mom many, many years ago.

No comments: