As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, December 26, 2016

If I Had to Rate it All... Monday, December 26

Today's Schedule...
Breakfast at Ihop.
Get my first ever pedicure!!!
Looking for a NYE dress and runners at the Premium Outlet Mall.
Checked out the sports store called Dick's.
Dinner at Shake Shack.

Let's elaborate on the above schedule....

Breakfast at Ihop...
A bit too much hype.  The pancakes were good, don't get me wrong, but that also depended on whose pancakes you ate.  Mine were fully cooked but the cutie at the next seat, well, his cheesecake pancakes weren't fully cooked in the middle.  I liked the fact they had so many different styles of pancakes -- food IS the way to my heart and pancakes are my favourite cheat food -- and I liked how they had different flavours of sauce too but I thought they'd cook up fluffier pancakes.

I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.  It was minus half a star for the uncooked pancake and it would have received a full five out of five stars if the pancakes would have been bigger, fluffier and more.

First pedicure...
Strangest feeling ever, having some random man tend to my feet and by "tend" I mean put his fingers in between my toes, make me squirm as he scrubbed down my feet, and then he made my toe nails look like individual, glossy little jelly beans on the ends of my toes.  My feet are super ticklish and I've always avoided going to get a pedicure because I also feel touching my feet is kind of erotic, hence why I've never got a pedicure or had anyone beyond the person I'm dating touch my feet.  Having someone give me a pedicure was one thing but to then have that someone be a man... ya, it was interesting.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.  It would have received the fifth star if it was a girl.  I would have been more comfortable.

Outlet Mall Shopping...
Dress shopping was a total bust, partly because I hate shopping for anything beyond training wear and food.  I saw one dress I really liked but it only had a medium and large.  I grabbed the medium and went into the change room, something I TOTALLY wouldn't have done if I hadn't gone there with someone.  I never try clothes on at the store!!!  The dressed looked gorgeous on the mannequin and even good on the hanger but not so much on me.  Two thumbs down.  As for shopping for new runners, not before I randomly bought two boxing tank tops at Forever21.  Checked out Adidas and in addition to their already low outlet prices they added an additional 50%.  Ended up buying two pairs of kicka$$ Adidas kicks for $70... because prices like that NEVER happen, daaaaaang!!!  Holy score!

Shopping for a dress, I give it 1 star out of 5 but only because I'm being nice here.  I'd give it minus five stars but that's not possible.  As for shopping for new runners, definitely 5 stars and maybe even a bonus star too.

Shopping at Dick's Sports Store...
What "better" thing to do than to try on not one, not two, but THREE bathing suits on while on vacation?!  Exactly.  I don't even have to elaborate here to tell you I give it zero out of 5 stars but then again that'd be my own ranking of myself and my poor judgement call here to do such a thing.  As for the shop itself, it was good but the sales clerk who randomly tried to help me, if you even call it that, didn't know that kettle bells are called kettle bells and instead said "they're like medicine balls but they have handles".  Great, thanks guy.  I give it 3 out of 5 stars but only because the selection and pure size of the place made up for the sales clerk who I'm sure spells gym J-I-M.

Dinner at Shake Shack...
Awesome decor and I loved the picnic tables outside on the front part of the entrance but when I asked to have a lettuce rap instead of the bun on my burger the cashier dude was dazed and confused.  "We don't eat carbs" was what we told him and he responded by asking why and so we said we're allergic.  He was super sweet in trying to take additional precautions and inquiring about just how severe our made-up-allergy is but we reassured him it was tame but that we just couldn't eat the bread.  We had a long wait for our burgers and by the time ours came the other half of our party was done theirs.  Our "lettuce wraps", which should have just been beef patties wrapped in lettuce were anything but lettuce wraps.  There was lettuce but it wasn't wrapped in any sense of the word.  The beef was just sitting on top of it.  The patties were good but it was a good thing we had asked for double patties because they were quite thin and I would have gone beyond hangry waiting in line for more.

Star ranking, I'd give it a 3 out of 5.  It would have got more stars if the place was more health-conscious friendly and the beef patties were more beefy and less hyped up.  


With the exception of my ranking for shopping for runners and my pedicure, my ratings weren't really good... ouch... and rereading what I wrote about my day I realize this... double ouch.  My day was a lot of fun though.  I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars because I got to do adult things and it wasn't overdosed and drowning in Disney characters and children.  I am an adult and I got to do adult things.  Oh, and I was also treated to all the things I partook in today so that was awesome.  The lack of stars in my ratings really didn't impact the day's overall ranking though because whether what I was doing was a bust of not, I had a lot of fun.  The only way it could have been better would have been if I didn't try on that dress and those swimsuits.  Trying them on only reminded me why I hate shopping and hate, hate, HATE trying stuff on at the store.

No comments: