As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Land of the Mini People and Mickey

 Brought my own two princesses to the Magic Kingdom today -- Disney Land!!!
Disney was absolutely packed, with an estimate 75,000, and I'm convinced about one fourth of them were other little girls dressed up as princesses too.  The place was buzzing with little princesses.
It's a green Christmas here in Florida, here at Disney, but what they lacked in snow and winter chill they made up for in Christmas spirit with the decorations and beautiful Christmas tree.
We didn't really go on too many rides today.  Instead, we walked around and saw a couple of shows. 
Disney is for kids and while it may also be for kids at heart, this kid at heart wasn't 
impressed with the rides but I definitely was impressed with the boat ride 
I took and I loved "The Laugh Floor" comedy show. 
Best part of my day at Disney was the dance party I participated in and Mickey's Christmas parade.
I was curb side with my two little Filipino princesses, one of which I should note got up during the parade and totally busted a move in front of the entire crowd.  She was loving it and we were totally loving her loving it.  She's awesome. 
The floats were definitely impressive.  It's Disney, they should be impressive.  But what I loved about the parade was how the characters and participants in it interacted with the crowd watching.
I got blown a kiss by a reindeer and caught that on Instagram story but the best was Grumpy from Snow White.  He came up to me and grabbed my hand... as you can see in the picture.  It was so cute. 
Best float hands down in the parade wasn't "the big guy's" (Santa's float) but was actually that of Cinderella.  She had this long line of white horses driving her chariot and it was so incredibly pretty!!!
Best group of performers, for sure the toy soldiers.  You could hear them coming before you could see them and I thought that was awesome.  They were totally in sync and right on par with everything. 

No comments: