As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

One Step Closer... Tuesday, December 13

I walked out of the gym today and by "walked out" I mean I no longer work at the female-only gym.  It was a mutual parting but one I've been planning for some time now, one that my business mentors were waiting and wanting for me to do so that I could move forward and get ready to launch my next business.

Flipside Fitness is the gateway to what's next from me.

Flipside Fitness has been my gateway company in the past; it's not a new situation.  It was the gateway to Hulk's Boxing in Korea and it's the gateway for my Second Dream here in Canada.  My next step isn't called "My Second Dream" but it is my second dream in the sense that Hulk's Boxing was my first.  I don't on officially launching it till I come back from the Philippines but I already have a company mascot in mind and she has a name.

Olga Ali.

She'll be a gorgeous and muscular four-legged girl -- my girl, my business assistant.

Coming soon...

I had dropped news here and there last week that I was leaving the gym.  Then this past Sunday I made the decision concrete, the decision that now was the time, so I informed my main business mentor and my clients. Today it all went down and just like that I was free to do exactly what I needed to do -- focus solely on my next step.

First thing I did was show up at my business mentor's office to tell him the news.  He greeted my news with open arms, a big hug, and a smile that said a huge congrats.

Now to plug away on my next business venture, my Second Dream.

Spent the evening working on my business proposal, dealing with my clients and Flipside Fitness admin stuff, and then I headed out to the FedEx Office.  I needed to print things up and pump out some temporary business cards to hold me off before I get an official order of business cards printed out.  

I went from having a job and no time to having no job and still having no time.

Entrepreneur, a person who works 80 hours a week to avoid a 40 hour work week because to find something you're passionate about and make it a job means you'll never work a day in your life.  And I'm looking forward to not "working".

No comments: