As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 01, 2016

The Day After... Thursday, December 1

It’s the day after the big event – Agency Wars Alumni Thunder – and I’m still very much running off the high from it all. It was a bittersweet moment, realizing the months upon months of coaching were over.  I woke up today to my cellphone having had been bombarded with text messages from friends commenting about the event and inquiring, and my social media messages were in the triple figures.  The flowers I had received last night after the event were the first reminder i saw regarding last night.. They sat in a vase on my night table, right beside the sweet card that had accompanied them. At the female-only gym today numerous members eagerly asked me about the outcome of the event and repetitively I found myself getting all hyped up and excited talking about it.  "So what what next?" many asked me.

Good question.

Agency Wars isn't totally done yet for me however.  I have to follow up with my Team Blue fighters to make sure they're okay from the fight -- no eye damage, headaches, or whatnot to worry about.  And let's not forget the big team meal out together.  Looking forward to that!

So what is next for me, after it's totally done... it's back to training for me, prepping for my move out of Cabbagetown, getting ready for my temporary move to the Philippines, and prepping for my fight in Asia.  And then of course telling my family all of this.

Tomorrow is going to mark my first official no-coaching free day – the first day I won’t have to go to Clancy’s to train Team Blue. I thought I’d stay home and then jump start my return to intense training on Monday but I have since decided to return to the Fight Club at Cabbagetown Boxing – the female-only sparring club.

No comments: