As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Always Got Business on my Brain... Wednesday, January 26

Before my brain could tell my body what the heck it was doing, I was out the door with a bag full of gear, running down the street to Cabbagetown Boxing.

Six rounds of sparring in the morning with Queen Spar.  Nice.

Sparring at 7am, Cabbagetown, and then weight training at 9:30pm, System Fitness.

It made for a long day, sure, but the energy and feel-good edorphines I got from training kept me wide awake and ready and willing to take on everything in between training.  I left the gym close to 11pm and then headed to Snakes & Lattes to work some more on my business proposal write-up. 

Always working on my business proposal.  

I can't say I relax so much these days but then again I can't say I really care to either.  I am so distracted by my business proposal and wanting to get it done, get it done perfectly.  I've been researching, calling random businesses, brainstorming with business mentors and friends, and jotting down this and that.  This past week I typed up a questionnaire that I plan on distributing to various females I know, to get their input for my proposal.

I slaved away at my proposal today, have already clocked in double digits at the library this week, but when I returned home tonight I wanted to disconnect before I fell asleep.

It's so hard to NOT think of something when that's all you can think of.

...so I watched a bit of Netflix. 

Woke up at 6:35am, went to bed at 2:30am.


No comments: