As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

From the Bedroom to the Gym Floor

My mom used to joke and say "how can I control my life when I can't control my hair".
This is how I wake up on a daily bases -- mad bedhead hair.  Messy hair, don't care.
Lunch at my all-time favourite breakfast place -- Figs.  Because getting 
soaked in the rain in "fancy clothes" needs a pick-me-upper!!! 
A possible building I have a curious eye on.  I've seen this building for well over a year now but never once ever thought of it as a possible candidate for my Second Dream, until today that is.
I knew I carried a lot of things with me through out the day, for my training and coaching, but tonight I decided to unpack my bag just to see what all that I had in it. And to think I emptied it a bit the other day. I took out my gym shower stuff -- shampoo, conditioner, comb, make-up, face towel. 

Inside my bag...
Sparring gloves
Heavy bag gloves
Hand wraps
Hand pads
Boxing boots
Skipping rope
Agility ladder
Resistance band
Protein shake mix
Shaker bottle
Earphones
iPod
iPad
iPhone
iPod speaker
Speaker cord
Phone charger
Business proposal sketch book
Training folders
Agenda
Pens
Small purse (ID, business cards, money)
Apartment keys
Tall socks
Toque
Extra training clothes
Ran into Coach Madman tonight at training.
Running training to resume very, very, VERY soon.... nice!

No comments: