As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Asia February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, reality TV star, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company (Flipside Fitness), CEO of my own boxing club (Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing), and now I'm launching my 3rd business -- Empowered Clubhouse.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side. But then I left again. This time it was for the Philippines. That's where I'm at now, living in the land of the happy people.

The struggles are real and the struggles are many but I'm living life on my terms, I'm calling the shots, and I'm doing what I love.

Life is an amazing adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Friday, January 13, 2017

A Crash and Burn Kind of Night... Friday, January 13

I'm so international... Hahaha.  It's true.  Today in addition to the obvious fine, friendly folks here in Canada, I dealt with five other countries for work.

1.  Korea -- Job Interview with a personal trainer who wants to work at Hulk's.

2.  Japan -- Boxing club coach contacted me regarding a proposal he has for me.

3.  Thailand -- I was contacted by MJKO here in Toronto who has a young female amateur fighter who will be traveling to Thailand and wants to continue their training while there.  I know a kick boxer training in Thailand so I contacted her.

4.  India  -- I have a supplier there whom I need to order more boxing equipment from -- 10oz and 14oz gloves.

5.  Philippines -- Got confirmation that I officially have a place to live in when I make my temporary move there next month.

My job title:  professional athlete, entrepreneur, CEO of Hulk's Club.

Took the night of training -- off of boxing, off of weight training, and off of sparring at Fight Club.  I've been going super hard with long hours doing my business proposal.  I even took the night off of Keto, well, kind of.  I went to 420 Smokehouse, indulged in a meat platter of pure delishness and then was treated to a small blizzard at Dairy Queen.  

I didn't actually intend to take the night off of training, to tell you the truth.  My plan was to return home from dinner at 8:30pm, lay down till a bit after 9pm and then get to System Fitness by 10pm the latest.  I'd have a full hour to get in a solid workout in. 

That was the plan.  What ended up happening in reality was a whole other story.

Laid down for a "nap" and my nap turned into a 12 hour sleep.  Woke up the next day, ouch!!!

No comments: