As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Maybe Food is the Root of All Evil... Thursday, January

They say you shouldn't go grocery shopping when you're hungry, well, you shouldn't also go buying anyone food either when you're hungry.  For me, when I'm hungry, it also means refraining from walking through any and all food courts, staying away from any store that has any kind of food in it (even those overpriced stands in the subway), and most definitely staying clear from sitting beside anyone that has food.

I get hangry when I'm hungry and can't eat.

Usually it's a lack of money in my pocket that stops me from eating.  I often forget my wallet at home.

I didn't forget my wallet today though and what did I do.  I walked through the food court in the Eaton Centre, just missed the subway so then I had to stand 5 minutes by the subway stand, and then I got on not only a subway but also the bus and someone eating food in both the subway and bus sat beside me.

BUT, the hardest of it all was buying a certain someone lunch and having to trek it back home, Sherbourne and Bloor, from downtown Queen and Yonge.  Carry it back home, inhaling the glorious multitude of fantastic smells that escaped it's cheap take-out container while it's juices then seeped out and splashed out of the bag an onto my hands.  I publicly licked my hand and wasn't the one bit embarrassed.  It tasted fantastic.

Black pepper beef with glorious spicy chicken, on a bed of oh-so-perfectly boiled seasoned broccoli.  

No comments: