As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Milking a Rare Cheat Meal... Sunday, January 22

I cheated.

I inhaled seriously and honestly about half of a large pizza.  It was loaded with pepperoni, pineapple, bacon, and of course a ton of cheese.  The thin crust was a sad ditch effort to make me feel not so guilty for killing my Keto-eating ways but, you know what, I didn't feel bad at all.  I ate that bad boy up and then even suggested we head out to grab ice cream for dessert, as if my belly wasn't bloated enough from the overdose of carbs!

Hey, if I'm going to have a cheat meal than I'm going to go all out, cheat good.  Make it worth it.

I had popcorn this past week, twice actually, but that's hardly a cheat meal considering.

Tonight's pizza and ice cream drumstick was most definitely a cheat; it was a massacure of Keto.

I'm coming up to my last week living here in Cabbagetown and last month living in Canada.  Come March I'll be living in the Philippines and eating whatever this starving athlete can get so she doesn't stay starving and instead is able to fuel the insane amount of training I'll be taking on.  This week will be a good warm-up to my training in the Philippines because I've switched things up.  I've added some extra training sessions to my usual workout schedule.  No point in staying in the comfort zone.  You have to challenge yourself to change yourself.

Monday -- Team Training with Coach Rico, Clancy's Boxing Academy, 7:30-9:30pm.
Wednesday -- Sparring with Queen Spar, Cabbagetown Boxing, 7am.
Thursday -- Running with Coach Madman, High Park, 7pm.
Friday -- Fight Club, Cabbagetown Boxing, 6:30-8pm.

No comments: