As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Upping My Training... Friday, January 20

In a little over a month I'll be moving to the Philippines for boxing training and it's anticipated that it's going to royally kick my butt (and I'm going to love, love, LOVE it).  I told my business mentor that my hope is that on my first day of training I come home and cry because I'm so exhausted from just how hardcore it is.  I'm not traveling to the other side of the globe for good weather and for the fun of it.  I'm going there to up my game, prep myself for the next chapter in my life, and I'm going to come back jacked and ready to take on the world and launch my Second Dream.  Having said all this, I'm feeling like I need to up my training here so I don't get totally manicured and killed in the Philippines.

My Proposed Training Schedule...

MONDAY
EVENING:  Team Training (boxing)

TUESDAY
MORNING:  Running 
EVENING:  Weight training 

WEDNESDAY
MORNING:  Sparring
EVENING:  Weight training

THURSDAY
MORNING:  Running
EVENING:  Boxing and Weight training

FRIDAY
EVENING:   Fight Club (sparring) 
LATE EVENING:  Weight training

SATURDAY
MORNING:  Running 
AFTERNOON:  Weight training 

SUNDAY
AFTERNOON:  Boxing and weight training... OR OPTIONAL DAY OFF.

Mondays and Sundays are the only two days where I'll only be training once that day but Monday's Team Training is an intense 2 hour session that's late in the evening, after an extra early start to the day and long day of personal training.  Also, I put Sunday as an optional day off.  On Sundays I go to church and then enjoy brunch out.  Church ends around 1:30pm, brunch around 2:30/3pm and the gym is closed at 7pm.  I'd like to have one day where I don't feel so rushed and pushed for time because of my schedule and on Sundays when I do go to the gym I definitely feel the push.  

I've been talking with Coach Madman and now that my schedule has lightened up somewhat because I'm not working at the female-only gym downtown and I'm done training Team Blue, I want to get back to getting him to train me in running.  The plan is to train with him for 2 of my 3 weekly runs, up in High Park, and then make my third run a long one by myself.

No comments: