As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Working Hard Not to Puke... Tuesday, January 10

No water today in my apartment building due to renovations the workers are doing so I headed out to System in the morning to get in a solid cardio session and then I showered there.  If it wasn't the no water in my building than it would have been the craziness outside with Mother Nature throwing us an insane amount of snow, either way I was not running outside today. 

Today's Schedule:
9am            Plan my personal training sessions for tomorrow.
10am          Go to the Eaton Centre to buy new earrings.
10:30am    Cardio session at System.
1pm            Work on my business proposal research at Toronto Reference Library.
3pm            Check out the workout accessories at Winners.
3:30pm       CIBC.
4pm            Power hour of studying Tagalog (Filipino). 
5pm            Work on my business proposal. 
8pm            Weight training at System -- LEG DAY!!!

After weight training tonight everything and anything was no-go.  It was day two of taking Hydroxycut Black and today's dosage killed me.  I got through my leg workout in the evening but going into my second exercise I started dry heaving.  I seriously thought I was going to puke and continued having to fight it off till I was done.  I added some ab roll-outs at the end of my leg workout and going into my 9th rep (9th rep out of 55) I literally puked in my own mouth a bit.  Nasty.  

And then came the ride home in Betty, a rough and tough jeep with oversized wheels and bouncy shocks.

I love Betty but tonight my stomach and all that wanted to escape from it didn't.

On route home I ended up picking up a lettuce wrap at Five Guys and inhaling it.  Then I went home and watched a movie.  I felt much better but it had been a nonstop day so I wanted to treat myself to some solid rest and relaxation.

Me relax?!  Sometimes.  Sometimes I pencil it into my schedule but at this point in the game I rather be squatting or working on my business proposal so rest and relaxation isn't so enjoyable for me.  I rather workout or work.

LETTUCE WRAP: a grilled burger wrapped in lettuce as oppose to sitting on a carb-high bun like your typical, non-Keto-friendly burger.  

No comments: